Thursday, December 22, 2011

B/S Game Night!

By the end of the night, I was holding a plunger, had a target on my chest, a piece of paper attached to my forehead, and whenever someone engaged me in conversation I had to play peak-a-boo with them. This was my first experience with Quelf, a game introduced to me by my Little Bro and Director of Brotherhood/Sisterhood Relations counterpart, Kelsey Chesnut. 

Game Night was our first big B/S event of the quarter, and it was an absolute blast. As Brothers and Sisters showed up to Levering 20, we began by playing a card game called "Once Upon a Time," in which players used the cards they're dealt to improvise a fairytale on the spot. It was hilarious to see how people creatively combined their cards to reach their "Happily ever after."

After we had a larger number of people, everyone split off and started playing different games, like Combat UNO, Taboo, Jenga, and my personal new favorite, Quelf. The best way I could possibly describe Quelf is "Cranium for Adults." No matter what number you rolled with the die, what card you drew, you always ended up having to do something ridiculous. Early on in the game, Kelsey drew a card that made her clap her hands and say "Aaaaaaabraaaaaacadaaaaabrrrraaaaaa" with a magical gesture every time someone drew a card. Brendan and I had to read the instructions from a card aloud in a scary voice, backwards, but neither of us new exactly what we had to do until the third try, so we just kept saying utter nonsense over and over again. Jason Moore had to sing "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" until he reached the end or someone rolled a 3... No one rolled a 3. 

It was a really get way to kick off the year and get the PsiEK spirit going! I can't wait to plan more events with Kelsey for Winter and Spring quarter!

Marlee Newman, Alpha Nu