Friday, May 13, 2011

Bake Sale!


This was my first bake sale as an active Sister! I was very excited being that I love being able to make a fool of myself for the sake of a couple of quarters. This bake sale happened to be on the last day of student government elections though, so everyone was in super "just look down and say 'no thank you" mode since the people in the yellow shirts had been bombarding them with voting questions and flyers for the past week or so. Even with this slight complication, we had a successful bake sale with a bountiful array of options including: brownies, brownie cupcakes, funfetti cupcakes with chocolate or vanilla icing, chocolate cupcakes with chocolate or vanilla icing, chocolate chip cookies, and s'mores bars (made by our wonderful sister Robyn Kamp). During my shift, the options didn't even matter being that we had a wonderful football player (I think number 8, I may be wrong though) who "dropped a twenty" on us. He said he was going to do it and kept to his word. He gave us $20 without wanting to take anything. We also had a funny police man come by. He didn't buy anything, but he was fun company for the slow times during class. I loved every second of that bake sale and I can't wait until I can do it again!


- Nastaishia Allen, Alpha Omicron